

**MOUNTAINEER REGIONAL SERVICE COMMITTEE  
OF NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS**  
PO Box 2381  
Morgantown, WV-2381  
Email: mountaineer.region.web@gmail.com  
Helpline: 304-344-4442  
800-766-4442

**MRSCNA Minutes (Virtual RSC)  
July 11, 2020**

**OFFICERS:**

Chair: Cooper B.  
Vice-Chair: Frank P.  
Secretary: Erica P.  
Treasurer: Candie B.  
Treasurer II: Vacant  
RSD/RD: Ryan S.  
RSD/RD Alt: Vacant

**SUBCOMMITTEE CHAIRS:**

Convention: Beverly R.  
Literature: Inactive  
PR: Cassie C.  
H&I: Jake S  
P&A: Vacant  
Finance: Candie B.  
Phone Line: Chance Y.  
Web Servant: Kay M.  
Web Maintenance: Shayne M.

**REGIONAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS:**

NCASCNA:  
Alt:  
AFASCNA:  
Alt:  
NANA: Donna C.  
Alt: Jess F.  
METRO ASR: Chris G  
Alt ASR:  
MANA: Kay M.  
Alt:  
GTO: Cassie C.  
Alt:  
FANA: Lynze S.  
Alt:  
UPANA:  
Alt:  
JAFASCNA:  
Alt:  
GMANA: Jerrod F.  
Alt:

## **MRSCNA OFFICER LIST**

### **Chairperson**

Cooper B.

### **Vice Chairperson**

Frank P.

### **Treasurer**

Candie B.

### **Treasurer II**

Vacant

### **Secretary**

Erica P.

### **RD**

Ryan S.

### **RDA**

Vacant

### **Web Servant**

Kay M.

### **Web Maintenance**

Shayne M.

## **SUBCOMMITTEE CHAIRS**

### **PR Chair**

Cassie C.

### **Convention Chair**

Beverly R.

### **Phone Line Chair**

Chance Y.

### **H&I Chair**

Jake S.

**RCM AND RCM ALTS**

**AFASCNA**

Report Submitted

**Alt.**

**METRO**

Chris. G.

**Alt.**

**GTOASCNA**

Cassie C.

**Alt.**

**MANA**

Kay M.

**Alt.**

**NANA**

Donna C.

**Alt.**

Jess. F

**NORTH CENTRAL WVASCNA**

None Present

**Alt.**

**FREEDOM AREA (FANA)**

Lynze S.

**Alt.**

**UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES**

None Present

**Alt.**

**JAFASCNA**

None Present

**Alt.**

**GMANA**

Jerrod R.

johnjerrodriuffle@gmail.com

**Alt.**

Those in virtual attendance to the MRSCNA meeting for July 11, 2020

- |                                  |                              |
|----------------------------------|------------------------------|
| 1. Ryan S. – RD                  | 9. Erica P. – RSC Secretary  |
| 2. Kay M. – MANA RCM             | 10. Lynze S. – FANA RCM      |
| 3. Cooper B. – RSC Chair         | 11. Cassie C. – GTO RCM      |
| 4. Jake S. – H & I Chair         | 12. Jess F. -- NANA RCM Alt. |
| 5. Candie B. -- Treasurer I      | 13. Samantha S. --Member     |
| 6. Beverly R. – Convention Chair | 15. Jerrod R.—GMANA RCM      |
| 7. Frank P. – RD Alt             | 16. Barbara W.- Member       |
| 8. Donna C. NANA RCM             |                              |

**MRSCNA Minutes (Virtual RSC)**

**July 11, 2020**

- Opened with Prayer
- Twelve Traditions read
- Twelve Concepts read
- 6 RCM's/ASR's attended

**Introductions**

**Secretary's Report:**

April 2020 virtual RSC minutes were read and accepted by the body.

**Old Business:**

RSC Nominations- Open Positions: Vice Chair-None, Treasurer II-None, RD- None

Erica P nominated Frank P as Vice Chair. Appointed by the Chair with the approval of RCMs.

Discussion about lack of willingness.

Decided to address remaining positions in Oct. Nominations are still open including RD, RD Alt, & Treasurer II.

**Treasurer Report:**

3rd Quarterly Report 04/20

Donations	
Metro	\$32.00
NANAANA	\$1000.00
Lewisburg Group	\$200.00
Here and Now Group	\$15.00
NCWVASC	\$171.00
GMANA	\$200.00
01/16 Deposit	\$300.00
02/04 Deposit	\$13.15
Total Donations	\$1931.15

Reimbursements	
NCWVASC	\$11.00
Metro	\$66.00
GMANA	\$38.50
Audio laptop	\$4.02
Audio cd equip.	\$91.06
Cigg Buckets	.11
02/04 RD	\$221.02
Total Reimbursements	\$431.71

Convention	\$0
Total Income	\$2362.86

Expenses			
Admin	\$ 522.89		
Convention	\$ 336.65		
RD	\$1476.32		
PR	\$4417.33		
NAWS	\$0	Total Expenses	\$6,753.19

Total Quarterly Income \$ 2362.86  
Total Quarterly Expense \$ 6,753.19  
Total \$ 4,390.33 Deficit

First Quarterly 10/19	Total 7,271.28 Deficit
Second Quarterly 01/20	Total 6,685.08 Surplus
Third Quarterly 04/20	Total 4,390.33 Deficit
4th Quarterly Report 07/20	

Donations

4/17 check #109	\$ 450.00
check#1029	\$ 23.00
5/18 paypal KG	\$ 108.70
6/23 FANA	\$ 250.00
Total Donations	\$831.70
Reimbursements	\$0
Convention	\$0
Total Income =	\$831.70

Expenses			
Admin	\$ 304.49		
Convention	\$ 0		
RD	\$ 667.80		
PR	\$ 3351.10		
NAWS	\$0	Total Expenses	\$4,323.46

Total Quarterly Income \$ 831.70  
Total Quarterly Expense \$ 4,323.46  
Total \$ 3491.76 Deficit

First Quarterly 10/19	Total 7,271.28 Deficit
Second Quarterly 01/20	Total 6,685.08 Surplus
Third Quarterly 04/20	Total 4,390.33 Deficit
Fourth Quarterly 07/20	Total 3491.76 Deficit

Annual Report 7/20

Income			
Donations	\$ 6074.79		
Reimbursements	\$ 811.27		
Convention	\$48026.21	Total \$	54,912.27

Expenses	
Administrative	\$ 3626.31

Convention	\$10555.56	
Regional Delegate (RD)	\$ 2251.73	
Public Relations (PR)	\$15064.64	
NAWS donation	\$ 7500.00	Total \$ 38,998.24
Total Annual Income	\$ 54,912.30	
Total Annual Expense	\$ 38,998.24	Total \$ 15914.06 Surplus †

Fiscal Year \$ 15914.06 Surplus

Treasurer's Report 03/30/20-07/10/20  
Beginning Balance \$22,639.09

Expenses

4/13	Ryan S.	\$ 667.80	
4/7	Frontier	\$ 123.64	
4/13	Google	\$ 294.08	
4/21	BB&T	\$ 4.00	
4/23	Zoom	\$ 15.89	
5/01	Onebox	\$ 85.17	
5/04	Zoom	\$ 60.42	
5/08	Frontier	\$ 123.64	
5/12	Google	\$ 300.83	
5/21	BB&T	\$ 4.00	
5/22	Zoom	\$ 111.29	
6/01	Onebox	\$ 85.17	
6/09	Frontier	\$ 116.85	
6/11	Google	\$ 294.17	
6/22	Zoom	\$ 15.89	
6/22	BB&T	\$ 4.00	
6/24	LAMAR	\$1425.00	
6/25	WVTreasury	\$ 25.00	
7/01	Onebox	\$ 85.17	
7/08	Frontier	\$ 117.18	
7/10	Google	\$ 300.20	
7/10	PO Box	\$ 64.00*	Total Expenses= \$4,323.39

Deposits

4/17	check #109	\$ 450.00	
	check#1029	\$ 23.00	
5/18	paypal KG	\$ 108.70	
6/23	FANA	\$ 250.00	Total Deposits= \$831.70

Bank Balance \$19,147.40  
Book Balance \$19,083.40

**Area Reports:**

**NANA:**

We currently have 5 homegroups, with only 2 of those meeting in person. Our Annual Picnic has been canceled. We are doing ASC on Zoom. We have no donation at this time. Grateful to serve, Donna C.

**NCWVASCNA:**

No Report Submitted

**GTO:**

Greetings from the GTO area. We currently have 17 in person meetings, utilizing social distancing indoors or meeting outside. We have 2 virtual options locally. Our area is hosting our annual campout July24-26 at Chief Logan State Park. We have no needs at this time from region. We are donating \$150 and mailed a check to the treasurer. Attendance at meetings has been good in general. Asc attendance has been typical as well, even though we have moved to a virtual platform. One h&l meeting panel at riverpark is utilizing zoom to host a meeting. Grateful to Serve, Cassie C

**METRO:**

No Report Submitted

**UPANA:**

No Report Submitted

**FANA:**

Freedom Area is doing well all things considered. We are making things work. We currently have 4 groups with open meetings and practicing social distancing. There are 4 groups that are not meeting at the time and many groups a few groups doing a mix of virtual and face to face meetings and some doing just virtual. This is all changing quickly at the moment and I will get an update to the webservant if need be but from what I can tell the groups have been doing a good job at updating the info. It's been definitely been a journey but we are making it through. We have no donation at this time and I believe our donation of 250.00 was mailed in from last rsc.

In loving service, Lynze s

**GMANA:**

No Report Submitted

**MANA:**

Hello from the Mountain Area of Narcotics Anonymous. All of our four groups have opened up for in person meetings held outside. Three of them are hybrid, zooming the live meeting so that addicts can still attend meetings if they feel uneasy about meeting in person. The schedules and ID numbers of our Zoom meetings are listed on the BMLT which can be viewed on our web page. The Mountain Area has a meeting on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

The area has celebrated a 1-year anniversary and has given out several key tags for varying amounts of clean time.

MANA has been filling literature racks in 4 locations in our communities; but we have not been out to check on them since winter due to the virus. We celebrated World PR Week the first week in June similarly to last year with a banner in the Green Space in Lewisburg. We decided not to put up the display due to Covid guidelines.

We met in a Zoom ASC and voted on Motion 34; I sent our tallies for all the CAT/CAR motions to our RD.

The 29th Annual Fellowship in the Forest Campout is scheduled for August 12 – 16 at the Blue Meadow group camping loop at Blue Bend Recreational Area. This is a change from what was announced last region, as Sherwood has closed their group campsite for the summer. We have been told that it is possible that this reservation at Blue Bend may be cancelled depending on the virus' spread. So stay in touch if you are planning to camp. The flyer is on the calendar on the web page.

We have a donation pending consensus from the groups.  
Grateful to serve, Kay M.

**AFASCNA:**

Appalachian Foothills Area was meeting in person for some of the meetings for a very short time. We have 11 homegroups that are doing ok considering the crazy time we are all going through. We have no needs at this time. We have no donation at this time. I will get a list of our meeting ID numbers and send them to Kay in the very near future. In Loving Service, James B.

**JAFASC:**

No Report Submitted

**Open Sharing:**

Topics-Concerns about virtual unity and engagement. Concerns about cancelled functions/events and alternatives. Strive to make service/RSC attractive in email communication.

**New Area Motions and Proposals:**

None

**Subcommittee Reports:**

**CONVENTION:**

Erica P. reported on the virtual convention. It went really well. We went over what checks were out for convention and the only one was the one for Audio. Erica talked to Sandra at Cedar Lakes and they are at half capacity right now. There is a 100 cap on people in the building per WV governor. They will waive



the cancellation policy if we have to cancel the fall convention. We decided to postpone a decision until October RSC, which will give us just enough time to get the merchandise if we do get to have the convention.

We talked about a policy revision. Erica has some revisions that have been done and will send them out. There will be a virtual ad hoc meeting for Convention policy on August 23, 2020 at 4 pm.

Nominations:

Chair: Erica P.

Vice Chair: Vacant

Registration Chair: Cassie H.

Registration Vice Chair: Vacant

Refreshment Chair: Kevin E.

Refreshment Vice Chair: Nina Z.

Merchandise Chair: Lynze S.

Merchandise Vice Chair: Jake S.

Audio Chair: Jerrod R.

Audio Vice Chair: Shayne M.

Audio Vice Chair #2: Vacant.

We discussed whether we should have a dance if we do get to have convention in the fall. We will decide during the October RSC.

### **PR UMBRELLA:**

#### **Public Relations:**

Hello Family. I have been appointed as vice chair until the elections occur in October one of the duties that I had during this past region was to sit in for the PR chair so I will report on that first started with H&I we did not have a chair there so Jake S the Vice chair gave the report with covid-19 going on there was not much to report on lot of the hospitals and institutions have us shut down for a while. Jake will be getting with the lady that is in charge of the regional jails across the state about mailing any literature. Jake S was nominated for H&I chair and needed nominations for vice. Cassy H gave the phone line report in absence of a phone line chair in which she is the vice chair and she will be adding her report to the minutes. The nominations for phone line went as follows Ryan S as Phone Line Chair there were no nominations for Vice Chair. Next we went to the Webserver report Which Kay M gave following her report nominations were held for Webserver Chair Kay M was nominated for chair and Jake S was nominated for Vice Chair. Nominations were also made for PR Chair and Vice Chair Cassy H was nominated for Chair and Sara P was nominated for Vice Chair all nominations are open for all these subcommittees if any of your areas have any nominations for any of these positions please bring nominations and votes to the next RSC. During the PR subcommittee a proposal came up and here it is the proposal reads:

PR Proposal Spending up to \$ 1,000 per month plus startup cost for billboard location and best price to be negotiated by the PR chair. Intent To carry the

message. Rational People still drive cars. The proposal passed in subcommittee by consensus to be brought back up in New Business

#### Nominations

PR Chair: Cassie C., Vice Chair: Sarah P.

Phoneline Chair: Ryan S., Vice Chair: None

H&I Chair: Jake, Vice Chair: None

Web Servant: Kay., Vice Chair: Jake

#### **H&I:**

No Report Submitted

#### **Phone-line:**

No Report Submitted

#### **Web Page:**

My interaction with the web page this quarter has been to update meeting information and keep the calendar current. Please remember to send your requests for the web servant to the mountaineer.region.web@gmail.com. When you send requests to my yahoo account or through text or FB messaging, the requests can get lost. The only emails I get in the web servant email account are from you all, paypal, GoDaddy, and Zoom. It's easy to check for update information. Also, please check your meeting schedule today, and let me know of any changes. It is real easy to pull out your area's meetings: just bring up the web page, scroll down to the meeting list and click on the area tab; choose your area, and voila! There are your meetings.

The annual payment to GoDaddy and Wordpress is coming up in a few days. It is approximately \$290.

The web servant needs a web servant II.

Truly grateful to serve, Kay M

#### **RD Report:**

We have been polled to move forward with motions. **Attached you will find the CP poll results 06152020.pdf, highlighted items are ones that will be voted on (at least as of right now). Motion 34 is new and I will need a yes/no vote or present not voting. I will need your votes by the july 11 RSC.** I will give a more in detail report there of what has happened thus far. I would advise just sending all motions that are listed on the PDF, because you never know what might change the day of the voting. Attached are all of the results of the decisions made in April's partial WSC. You can consider this my report for july region, I just needed to ask RCM's to have their area's votes ready by then. I also Attached the budget.

When emailing your results please have one yes no or present not voting response. I will not tally your area's results because sometimes they are a tie. I will

not accept them as a vote at all. This takes a matter of minutes for you but takes me a lot longer with added confusion.

If you have New RCM's please forward this email to them. If you don't see someone who should be on the email list please send it to them also.

27 June Conference participant Webinar. We'll discuss proposed processes for WSC 2020, Part 2 and give an update on the situation at World Services. The webinar is scheduled for 11:00 am to 12:30 pm, Pacific Daylight Time.

Sincerely, Ryan S.

**RDA Report:**

No Report Submitted

**P&A:**

Hello family, As the appointed Vice Chair I am giving my report. First of all I would like to thank the RSC for appointing me in this position. I have had this position a couple of times and enjoy serving at this level. I will be putting in my resume for the upcoming elections to serve in this position. As vice chair I have to fill in when others are absent, I have already submitted a report for PR. Vice chair also chairs P&A during this Committee meeting there was nothing to report on, so this report is pretty easy. Back in October there was a policy change that reflected on RD& RD alt regarding traveling to the zonal conference I will look in all my notes and try to find what the new policy states and get it to our webservent for everyone to see at this time I am asking for help If anyone has those notes or has the exact wording of the change please send it to me charliepensule@gmail.com. The date and agenda for our next RSC has already been set and will be reflected in the minutes

Thank you for letting me serve, Frankie P

**FINANCE:**

Beginning Balance \$19,083.40

Donations

GTO\$ 150.00

Progress Not Perfection Group\$ 80.00

Lewisburg Group \$ 1000.00

Total Income \$1,230.00

Projected Expense

Frontier \$ 375

Google \$ 900

OneBox \$ 256

BB&T \$ 12

Zoom \$ 47.67

Web \$ 290

Total Projected \$1880.67  
Total \$ 18,432.73

Proposed Spending  
LAMAR \$3000.00

Total \$ 15,432.73

No NAWS donation is suggested at this time

The treasurer is happy to report that the tax-exempt status has been renewed and the business license has been updated. We still have a Prudent Reserve of \$7500.00 and it was brought up and discussed that it usually takes approximately \$10,000.00 to fully fund a convention. The body discussed guarding an additional \$2500.00 and no one opposed.

The Treasurer II position is currently open and anyone who is interested can contact their RCM or ASR to express their willingness. Suggested clean time is 3 years. The treasurer is asking everyone to continue to announce this open position in their areas. Such a role is vital to our region and NA as a whole. This position isn't complicated, but some training is necessary. It seems we have plenty of time before the treasurer's commitment is filled. Treasurer I would like to point out that the policy has the treasurer II position as a 2 year commitment to allow ample time to train the next.

As always, it is an honor to protect NA's funds to ensure home groups that their donated dollar is used judiciously, Candie B.

**New Business:** RD, RD Alt, Treasure II positions need filled.  
Elections occur at October 2020 RSC.

**PROPOSAL #: 20-07-01P**

**MAKER:** PR

**PROPOSAL:** Spending up to \$ 1,000 per month plus startup cost for billboard location and best price to be negotiated by the PR chair.

**INTENT:** To carry the message

**RATIONALE:** People still drive cars

**RESULT:** Passed

**NAWS DONATION:** None

**NEXT REGIONAL SERVICE:** 10/03/2020 – 10/04/2020

**October 2020 RSC Order of the Day**

**10/03/2020**

**At Cedar Lakes (subject to change based on COVID19)**

**Open at 11:30am, Lunch Break from 1:00-2:00pm**

Reading of the Twelve Traditions of NA

Reading of the Twelve Concepts for NA Service

Introductions

Secretary's Report (Reading of the Minutes from preceding RSC)  
Treasurer I Report  
Old Business  
Area Reports  
Open Sharing Session  
New Area Motions/Proposals

Sub-committees  
Convention Subcommittee  
PR Subcommittee  
Web Page  
Phoneline  
H&I  
PR

**Will adjourn at 6:30 pm and reconvene at 9:00 am Sunday**

**10/04/2020**

**Holt Lodge (subject to change based on COVID19)**

Representative Reports:  
1. Regional Delegate (RD).  
2. Regional Delegate Alternate (RD-Alt.)  
P&A Sub-Committee  
Finance  
New Business  
NAWS Donation  
Set Agenda for Next RSC Meeting  
Open Forum  
Announcements  
Closing Prayer